Long Vowel Worksheets
Oooooh, I just LOVE making phonics worksheets…! There seems to be an inexhaustible number of ways to practice reading, sound-by-sound. I gather a list of words, look for fun graphics using those words… and the ideas for practice just FLOW! What do you think, should I spend more time making these little lovelies??
This simple set of 6 worksheets and their full-size answer keys include the following pages:
• Try My Pies: Fill in the missing vowels and add words to blanks
• Mole or Vole? Learn the difference between these 2 animals while reading long vowel words
• Which of My Rhymes? Choose one rhyming word for each blank
• Digging Up Moles: Find rhyming words for each mole
• Beak Mates: Add missing vowels and use the words in sentences, filling in the blanks
• Eagle Eyes: Fill in the missing vowels and use one word per set in a sentence
These phonics reading worksheets are a mix of color and black and white, but may all be printed in black and white, if preferred.
Sample pages from this packet — click to view larger:
Thank you for visiting my P.A.G.E.!
If you like my work and would like to see more, there are links to many of my public websites as well as my contact information on my Gravatar page. And if you want to encourage me, you can become a Patron! :O>